No announcement yet.

Pricing Increase | Agree and dis-agree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really if you think about it the average user watches TV in the evening from 7-11, so 4 hours at a peak of around 2GB/hour is 8GB a night. If they watched TV for 4 hours a day every day, they would consume ~240GB a month. I can almost guarantee that a user the does not have TV but streams and downloads there content for approximately the same amount of viewing time would consume way more than that.

Comment

It would not surprise me at all to find that the top 5 or more usage users were all internet only.

It would surprise me if overall on average the internet only user has higher usage than the average IPTV and internet customer.
      As I have said before, I would be happy to stand corrected. I would expect and hope VMedia have the data.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post
        Really if you think about it the average user watches TV in the evening from 7-11, so 4 hours at a peak of around 2GB/hour is 8GB a night. If they watched TV for 4 hours a day every day, they would consume ~240GB a month. I can almost guarantee that a user the does not have TV but streams and downloads there content for approximately the same amount of viewing time would consume way more than that.

no matter how you shake it, what their reasoning is/was, the "internet only" hike to "grandfathered" users was way overboard, insulting and unnecessary, for that amount anyways, period!!!,

besides, lest we forget, THEY, Vmedia are the ones who offered these data packages and MOST endusers dont even know what data (bandwith) usage is or how its calculated or evn know how much they are using..surely they (Vm) should have (at the very least) forthought the abuse angle way b4 they started this company and NOT midway through b/c most times the endusers is not even aware they are abusing, if ABUSE is to be taken serious..data abuse should NEVER be a consideration when adjusting prices cuz it can be VERY misleading..if Vm could point to the so-called abusers, then they would NOT have hiked and punish ALL users..its not something they can so this is why they did what they did INSTEAD of changing their model for NEW subscribers
        Last edited by katburglars; 02-26-2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katburglars View Post

no matter how you shake it, what their reasoning is/was, the "internet only" hike to "grandfathered" users was way overboard, insulting and unnecessary, for that amount anyways, period!!!,

besides, lest we forget, THEY, Vmedia are the ones who offered these data packages and MOST endusers dont even know what data (bandwith) usage is or how its calculated or evn know how much they are using..surely they (Vm) should have (at the very least) forthought the abuse angle way b4 they started this company and NOT midway through

Would you have preferred a $2.50 increase every 6 months? VMedia's costs keep increasing due to CBB and high bandwidth users, no matter how it went down or how long they tried to keep from increasing their current customers at their sign-on price, eventually the prices would have gone up. Should they have given people more notice? Yes. Should they suffer financially and possibly lose their business to keep customers 100% happy? No. An increase was coming one way or the other no matter how it went down. They could have just said we aren't supporting the grandfathered plans and moved everyone to a new package to get money back that way too. No matter how they increased the service costs people would have complained and left. At the end of the day the price they offer is still competitive if not cheaper than other companies' offerings.

Comment

Would you have preferred a $2.50 increase every 6 months? VMedia's costs keep increasing due to CBB and high bandwidth users, no matter how it went down or how long they tried to keep from increasing their current customers at their sign-on price, eventually the prices would have gone up. Should they have given people more notice? Yes. Should they suffer financially and possibly lose their business to keep customers 100% happy? No. An increase was coming one way or the other no matter how it went down. They could have just said we aren't supporting the grandfathered plans and moved everyone to a new package to get money back that way too. No matter how they increased the service costs people would have complained and left. At the end of the day the price they offer is still competitive if not cheaper than other companies' offerings.

yes the 2.50 would have allowed users to better swallow and for some (like me) would have their antennas raised and make better decisions going forward (shop the comp) you want the companies to ALWAYS have the upperhand?? i dont subscribe to THAT theory... as a consumer, I would feel better, if it were a level playing field...too bad Vm don;t feel the same

edit - anyways, im not interested in a psssing match, clearly there must have been a powwow, rally the troops...im done with this convo... im sure others will be on board with it ..IM NOT and will say it until i leave Vm nothing YOU or any other MOD can do to change the state of affairs..MOST can see right through all of this
            Last edited by katburglars; 02-26-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katburglars View Post

yes the 2.50 would have allowed users to better swallow and for some (like me) would have their antennas raised and make better decisions going forward (shop the comp) you want the companies to ALWAYS have the upperhand?? i dont subscribe to THAT theory... as a consumer, I would feel better, if it were a level playing field...too bad Vm don;t feel the same

edit - anyways, im not interested in a psssing match, clearly there must have been a powwow, rally the troops...im done with this convo... im sure others will be on board with it ..IM NOT and will say it until i leave Vm nothing YOU or any other MOD can do to change the state of affairs..MOST can see right through all of this

Just to clarify, there was no powwow with the mods. I got the letter at the same time everyone else did. I am a customer just like everyone else and I am effected by the price increase just the same as everyone else. Furthermore to think there is some conspiracy between VMedia and the volunteer mods is just crazy. We are simply here to keep some order and cleanliness to the forums, which for some of us early adopters, got quite out of hand and messy with spam and thread derailing.
              Last edited by Hacksaw2085; 02-26-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Just to clarify, there was no powwow with the mods. I got the letter at the same time everyone else did. I am a customer just like everyone else and I am effected by the price increase just the same as everyone else. Furthermore to think there is some conspiracy between VMedia and the volunteer mods is just crazy. We are simply here to keep some order and cleanliness to the forums, which for some of us early adopters, got quite out of hand and messy with spam and thread derailing.

Pffftt... at least you got a letter. Mine got lost in the mail or something because I was left trying to piece together what was going on via the forum. That said, I think that Vmedia could have handled it MUCH better by A) giving people proper notice that prices were going up, and B) telling people that they were moving away from the grandfathered plans and maybe soften the blow by increasing the cost more incrementally. I also don't believe for one second that some major costs got dumped on their laps without a decent amount of notice from whichever party it was...
                Last edited by pbeaul; 02-26-2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Vmedia are liars and theives. They employ people that are well versed in deception and they will not even make the cost increase effective April 1 when I asked them. I just cancelled and signed with Rogers at a price match for 3x the speed and 500 gb per month (I only use 200). These guys need to fire their PR manager as these soap opera emails about how bad they are doing financially is super off putting. Develop a business plan and stop freaking apologising and saying you'll do better, because we know you won't. If you'd do better you would have provided the 30 days notice everyone is asking for.
                  Last edited by Illegalincrease; 02-27-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbeaul View Post
                    I also don't believe for one second that some major costs got dumped on their laps without a decent amount of notice from whichever party it was...
                    In my experience I have seen major telecoms companies many times make major adjustments to corporate billings with no advance notice. CBB seems like a recipe for a perfect storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post

In my experience I have seen major telecoms companies many times make major adjustments to corporate billings with no advance notice. CBB seems like a recipe for a perfect storm.

yeah i saw that perfect storm on CBB/Celebrity Big Brother earlier this yr...thats what you meant, yes? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X